World Rowing recently ran an article with 5 tips for making the most of boathouse storage. And although we are delighted to read a mainstream article about our area of specialism, we really feel that they missed out on some obvious ones.
World Rowing’s tips for shed storage
- Sling small boat shells from the ceiling
- Double up – two singles on one rack (one upside down and the other the right side up so the riggers don’t clash)
- Use old oars as bannisters and door handles
- Repaint a boat bay and turn it into an ergo room
- Make an outdoor courtyard space for a post-row drink
Read the full World Rowing article.
What was missing?
Well now that you ask…. Space Saver would have liked to see some insights into:
- Oar storage
- Electronics (cox boxes and GPS speed tracker) storage
- Tools and boat spare parts
- Rigger storage
- and possibly boat repairs