No, catching a crab is NOT the worst thing you can do in rowing crew. It’s the things where you let down your crew mates, or undermine the quality of your performance that us rowers HATE.
Here’s our top list of the utterly worst things a rower can do
- Missing practice because you overslept
- Backing off power in the middle of a piece ‘cos you’re tired
- Rowing with a hangover (no that’s not a sin, it’s normal!)
- Bum-shoving. Period.
- Not holding the boat so your pairs partner falls in from the dock
- Mis-judging the race and blowing up before the finish line
- Dating the coach (oh yeah, baby!)
Add yours in the comments.